Garlic is considered as a natural health remedy that is used in treating different illnesses. Garlic is universally available and can be eaten fresh or cooked. It can be incorporated with other foods or can be taken in by its own. Don’t limit yourself from fresh garlic too. Dried garlic flakes and garlic powder are very effective and easy to store in cupboards for daily use. Aside from the added taste it provides in a lot of dishes, garlic has many unique abilities to aid in your day-to-day lives. When utilized for medical purposes, garlic helps in treating various illnesses.
It is advisable that adults take one to two cloves of garlic 2-3 times per day, and for children about one fourth to half clove of garlic 1-2 times per day.
Interested to know the positive effects of garlic to your health? Well, read these 10 remarkable health benefits of garlic.
- Garlic is helpful in assisting babies to gain weight when they are still in the womb. However, if you have large babies in the past then it is much better to skip the extra doses.
- Garlic can help in fighting coughs, congestion and chest infections as well as boosting the immune system. During the winter season, garlic is a good food to strengthen your immune system and fight off colds and flu. At the first sign of colds, try an old folk remedy which is to consume a clove of garlic that’s been dipped in honey.
- Garlic also has high levels of iodine which is effective in treating hyperthyroid disorders. Garlic treatment has shown to significantly improve this condition.
- Garlic also contains excellent levels of Vitamin C, good for treating Scurvy.
- Garlic isn’t just good for scaring away vampires! With a few doses of garlic, impotency can be treated. And in many communities today, this treatment is still being used. So why not try treating with garlic before heading to your doctor for that Viagra prescription?
- By ingesting garlic, cardiovascular diseases can be reduced. Low density lipid is not too fond of garlic and same as with plaque deposits in the wall of the aorta which can be reduced with garlic use. Research has shown the wonderful benefits of consuming garlic in relation to heart diseases.
- Bacterial vaginal infections and fungal infections can be treated with garlic. Once garlic is crushed or bruised, it releases Allicin which is a natural antibiotic. World War II soldiers have even used crushed garlic to treat infected wounds. If you are thinking of taking garlic tablets, just make sure to take the powdered capsules because the method used in creating garlic tablets destroys the Allicin.
- Garlic can also be an excellent source of Vitamin B6 that helps boost the immune system and effective growth of new cells. Vitamin B6 is also good in improving mood swings.
- Garlic is said to also help in preventing different types of cancer. Cancers in the prostate, bladder, colon, breast and stomach have shown that tumors are reduced with the use of garlic treatment. Vitamin B6 is also said to have cancer fighting capabilities.
- Garlic also helps in regulating blood sugar as it improves the insulin levels in the blood. This is helpful in controlling diabetes. Just make sure to seek medical advice before using garlic to improve your condition.
If taken in large quantities, garlic can be dangerous to your health. It should not be taken more than the recommended dosage. Also remember that garlic gets into the bloodstream which makes it so effective in a lot of ways. This means that during sweating, garlic exits your body through the skin pores. A lot of people who consume enormous amounts of garlic reported an increased body odor.
Also try to consider other areas of your health when you decide to eat large quantities of garlic. After taking great doses of garlic, be careful of your breath!