Tired of looking at salads and seeing only green and no flavor? Here is a simple, nutritious (and did we say colorful?) salad you can make for any lunch date. The following recipe makes two salads.
- 1/2 shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound raw baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberries (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (optional to toast)
- 2 oz fresh goat cheese (crumbled)
In a small bowl, whisk together shallot and vinegar. Once combined, add in the oil (stirring constantly) to make your vinaigrette. In a large serving bowl add spinach, strawberries, almonds and goat cheese. Drizzle vinaigrette mixture over combined greens and gently toss to coat entire salad. Serve immediately.
- Amount: One salad
- Calories: 180 (120g from fat)
- Fat: 13g (3.5g saturated fat)
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 140mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 6g
Make it Vegan: Sub out goat cheese for a non-dairy/lactose-free version (try almond milk cheese!)
Make it Paleo: Just be sure goat cheese is raw!