They say, “When life throws lemons, make them to lemonades!” Why can’t it be “Make them into Paleo Lemon Pie Bars?” Here is another sweet treat that is made into extra healthy to suit everyone’s taste.
The recipe is quite simple and quick to do, so Grab those Lemons now!
- 4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl, and then, pour into the greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, until beginning to turn golden brown.
Lemon Filling/Topping Preparation
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- 5 TBSP tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
While baking the crust, it’s high time to make the topping or filling of the lemon pie bars.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Pour in the remaining ingredients and beat for another 2 minutes.
- When crust is ready, pour lemon topping over baked crust, and then, bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, until fully set.
- Allow to cool completely before serving. Cut into squares. Best serve when chilled.
I hope you’ll enjoy this quick fix for your dessert craving with a twist of Paleo Lemon Pie Bars. Indulge in these guilt-free, nutritious, delicious treats!