- 4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, then press into the greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.
While that’s cooking, prepare lemon topping:
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- 5 TBSP tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- Beat together all ingredients.
- Let crust cool for about 15 minutes, and when crust is ready, pour lemon topping over crust (note: it will be liquid–it’s ok!), then bake another 20 minutes or so, until set.
- For best results, chill before eating.