Let’s face it – we are all going to enjoy Christmas goodies every day this month. Trying and failing to prevent that certainty will just ruin the celebratory season. So instead of feeling guilty for munching on cookies and cakes, and filling up on all those heavy Christmas party dishes, let’s have fun (in moderation) and help our bodies out by drinking a cup of tea every night.
Many different teas – like green tea, turmeric tea, ginger lemon tea, ginger lemongrass tea – will help detox the body from overeating sweets and heavy foods. But since this is Christmas, we need a Christmas tonic.
- 2 cups of water
- Peel from half an orange
- 3-4 Season with Spice’s clove buds
- 1 black tea bag (I used Ceylon tea)
- Sugar or stevia to taste (optional)
- Bring water to boil in small pot.
- Turn fire to low. With your fingers, crush the round, fragile tips of the clove buds into a powder, and add to the water. Add clove stems and orange peels to water as well. Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn fire off. Add tea bag into pot. When tea is ready (dark orange color), pour through fine strainer into two mugs.