- 1½ pounds grass fed beef (85% is what I use)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2-3 zucchinis, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 15 ounce can tomato puree
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- In your seasoned skillet or 5-6 quart large cast iron pot, brown beef and garlic. Cook over medium heat until beef is thoroughly cooked and browned. Drain off excess fat, set aside.
- Add oil, onions, celery, carrots, and seasonings to the skillet and cook until translucent over medium high heat, about 5-7 minutes. Once onions are golden and veggies are midway cooked, add zucchinis and cook for 2 minutes making sure you stir everything well.
- Add cooked beef back into the pot, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and stir well. Bring everything to a boil, stirring frequently, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Check on the amazing mixture every so often and stir. Serve immediately.