Brownies are a favorite treat among many both adults and children alike. However having too many can be troublesome to your waste line! The below recipe offers a low fat option to create brownies.
The secret ingredient is pureed blueberries. It provides added moisture and it blend so well your kids will never detect the healthiness!
The mixture below will make roughly 36 low fat brownies. Feel free to adjust the recipe to increase or decrease serving sizes.
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup frozen blueberries (to make 1/3 cup puree)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 brownie mix (preferably dark chocolate)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup egg substitute (ie: beaters)
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9″x13″ baking dish with spray.
- Puree blueberries in a food processor with water until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat puree with brownie mix, oil, and egg until smooth. Stir in chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared dish. Bake 28-33 minutes.