glucovance Manfalūţ With less than 5 ingredients this recipe is quick to make in the morning and packed with protein to keep your kids full until lunch! The recipe below serves 4, but it’s very easy to adjust the recipe for serving more or less.
- 4 slices of whole wheat or multigrain bread
- 4 large organic eggs
- 4 tsp unsalted, whipped butter
- 4 slices low-fat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut out a hole in the center of each bread slice. Spread butter on both sides of each slice of bread and place on a nonstick griddle.
- Let bread toast for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Crack egg into each hole and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until egg is set. Flip over carefully and let cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Place cheese over each slice and cook until melted.
- Calories: 251
- Fat: 10g
- Carbs: 21.6g
- Protein: 17.4g
- Fiber: 3g