A classic comfort food made healthy with almond milk and yogurt! This recipe serves up to 4 people, but can be easily adjusted to accommodate the serving size you need.
- 2 cups dry whole wheat macaroni noodles
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste (start with 1/4 tsp and work your way up)
- 1 tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
- Extra 1-2 tbsp shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook noodles for 8 minutes.
- Put spinach in a strainer, drain macaroni over spinach to make it wilt. Add spinach and macaroni back to pot.
- Stir in cheese, egg, and Greek yogurt.
- Once mixed, stir in seasonings and almond milk.
- Pour casserole in a pan. Sprinkle Panko and extra cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.