Let’s face it. Aging naturally comes with many undesirable effects such as physical degeneration especially sagging skin and lean tissues. Among many other things, drooping arms is one of them. It takes away most women’s confidence to wear styles baring the arms, and men are no exception too. The good thing is; this natural problem also has a natural solution. Exercise has long been proven to improve and encourage muscle growth especially lifting weights.
These set of arm toning exercises involve the chest, shoulders and arms which will definitely help gain your confidence back in just 10 minutes, two to three times a week. Guaranteed to give you noticeable improvements in just 4 weeks! But, if you need a long term effect you should not stop after the fourth week.
What do you need?
- A workout mat, 3 to 5 lbs
- dumbbells and 8 to 10 lbs dumbbells
How do you do it?
Every workout should start with a warm-up so the body can adjust.
- March in place while lifting the arms together then lowering it on your sides.
- Perform 2 sets of 10 to 12 reps with a 30-second rest between sets.
The main move:
- Lie down on the mat facing upwards with your knees bent and feet flat.
- Slowly extend both arms above your head with the dumbbells.
- Contract your abs and curl up slowly, lifting your upper body; the head and shoulders inches from the floor.
- While doing so, bend your arms towards your knees forming an arc.
- Remain in this position for a second then reverse to the starting position.
For an easier version:
If you find the main move too difficult, try this one…
- As you lift the dumbbells to form an arc, keep your head on the mat then lower your arms at your sides.
- Reverse to starting position.
For a harder version:
If you find the main move not challenging enough, try this one.
- Do a chest press.
- As you lift your upper body with your arms holding the dumbbells extended forward, slowly bend your elbows and bring the dumbbells toward your chest.
- Straighten your arms before reversing to the starting position.
If you want a quicker result, perform 3 sets and add a 30-minute cardio workout for 3 to 5 days a week.
As you go on with the workouts, challenge yourself for weights that are heavier enough.